How to Filing TDS Return Online: TDS or Tax Deducted at Source is an advanced tax deduction mechanism specially designed and introduced by the Income Tax Department of India under which tax deduction takes place at the time of payment made to a recipient. Deductors are liable to deposit the tax collected by the Income Tax Department within the prescribed dates. TDS can only be deducted according to the relevant rates issued by the Income Tax Department. In this article, you will find a detailed guide on how to filing TDS return online –
What are TDS Returns?
Prerequisites for Filing TDS Return
Before filing the TDS return, the deductor should pay attention to the following pre-defined conditions prescribed by the Income Tax Department –
- You must have a valid and registered TAN for e-filing.
- The statement should be prepared using the Return Preparation Utility (RPU).
- Validate the Return Preparation Utility (RPU) using File Validation Utility (FVU).
- If you wish to avail of the digital signature facility for authentication of the TDS return, ensure a valid DSC certificate.
- You must have to provide a bank or Demat account details or link PAN with Aadhaar to use electronic verification via EVC.
- A deductor has to pay the total TDS amount before filing the TDS return.
READ ALSO:- How to File For Tax Return Online 2023?
TDS Returns Eligibility
As per the Income Tax Act, a deductor needs to collect taxes from a deductee’s source of income while making a payment. Do you want to How to Filing TDS Return Online? – follow these step by step guide below. It is importat to know the payment categories for which one needs to file TDS return, these are –
- Income through the sale or purchase of an immovable property
- Salary payments
- Rent payment
- Any income through winning crossword puzzles, lotteries, or other games
- Income generated by winning horse race
- Income from securities
- Insurance commission
- Payments made towards schemes like National Savings Scheme
How to Filing TDS Return Online?
Do you want to know file Income Tax Return Online? – Then follow these simple steps below –
- Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- Step 2: On the homepage, you will find ‘Login Here Option‘
- Step 3: After login, go to the ‘TDS’ tab and click on ‘Upload TDS’
- Step 4: After you click on the “Return Dashboard” button, a new page will appear.
- Step 5: A form will pop-up asking you to enter your details like TAN, FVU Version, Financial Year.
- Step 6: Once complete press ‘Validate’ by using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or an Electronic Verification Code.
- Step 7: Once you are done with form validation, submit the form. After successful form verification you will get a temporary/recognition token number.