How to Apply For GSTIN: Under the present GST system, every individual or company that supplies goods and services in India is required to register under Goods & Services Tax (GST). Therefore, if run a business in all Indian states, other than north-eastern states with an annual turnover that exceeds Rs.20 lakh, you will have to register with GSTIN. Once you have registered under GST, you will received a unique GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number). It is basically a 15-digit number issued by the Central Government of India. In this article, let us look at the eligibility for obtaining GST registration.
Types of GST Registration in India
Under GST Act, GST registration comes in a variety of forms. Choosing the right GST Registration process is very important for taxpayers. Here is the list below of various types of GST Registration –
- Normal Taxpayers
- Tax Deductor
- Tax Collector (e-Commerce)
- GST Practitioner
- Non-Resident Taxable Person
- United Nation Body
- Consulate or Embassy of Foreign Country
- Other Notified Person
- Non-Resident Online Services Provider
Documents Required For GST Registration
The following documents are required to apply for GST in India –
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Passport Size Photocopy
- PAN Card of the Applicant
- Proof of Bank Accounts
- Proof of Principal Place of Business
READ ALSO – How to Apply For Credit Card
How to Apply For GSTIN? – A Step-by-Step Process
Do you want to know How to Apply For GSTIN? – Then read this article where we share a step-by-step process to apply for GST Registration –
- Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- Step 2: On the homepage, you will find ‘GST New Registration‘
- Step 3: Now fill in the details & click on ‘Proceed‘ button.
- Step 4: Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile & email.
- Step 5: A Temporary Reference Number (TRN) will be generated.
- Step 6: Restart the GST Registration process & now select ‘TRN‘.
- Step 7: Enter your TRN number and complete the captcha.
- Step 8: Now you will find and ‘Edit Button‘, click on it.
- Step 9: GET Registration form will open, complete the application process.
- Step 10: Finally submit the GST Registration form & you will received an ARN number.