How to File For Tax Return Online 2023: To run a business successfully in India, you need a GSTIN number under GST Act. GST is a comprehensive tax imposed on the supply of goods and services that replaces all other indirect taxes such as central excise duty, state VAT, purchase tax, etc. So, under the present GST system, every individual or company that supplies goods and services in India is required to register under Goods & Services Tax (GST). Once you have registered under GST, you will received a unique GSTIN. After receiving the GST, you will then have to file the GST return on a monthly or quarterly basis.
What is GST Return?
GST Return is a document that mentions all the details of your sales and tax collected on sales, purchases and tax paid on such purchases. GST Return are filed to inform the tax department about the activities carried on by the business as well as payment of tax liability. Thus, business owners can file for tax return online on the official portal of Goods & Services Tax Department. There are 11 types of GST Returns applicable under GST system, and each form has different purpose and date. Do you want to know how to file for tax return online? – Then read the step by step process to file monthly GST Returns i.e. GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B.
READ ALSO:– How to Apply For GSTIN?
Different Types Of GST Returns
Here is a look at the different types of GST Returns –
- GSTR-1:- GSTR-1 has to be filed against all goods & services rendered by a company. It contains all the invoices as well as redit notes, debit notes against sales for a tax period.
- GSTR-2A:- It basically carries details of all purchases made by the recipient in any month. It reflects the details of GSTR-1 furnished by suppliers of goods and services.
- GSTR- 3B:- It contains all the details of outward and inward supplies. It also contains details of the total tax payble.
- GSTR-4:- Basically, it carries all the details related to quarterly filings, especially for compounding tax liability of certain individuals.
- GSTR-5:- It is for non-resident foreign taxpayers who carry on business in India.
- GSTR-6:- It is filed by an Input Service Distributor (ISD) each month.
- GSTR-7:- It is filed by the persons those who are required to deduct the Tax deducted at source (TDS) under GST.
- GSTR-8:- It is to be filed by the e-commerce operators along with details of tax collected.
- GSTR-9:- It is an annual return that is filed by the taxpayers who are registered under GST.
- GSTR-10:- It is a final return, when GST registration is canceled or order for cancellation is passed.
- GSTR-11:- It contains details of purchase made by a person who hold UIN (Unique Identification Number) to claim a refund on a purchase made.
How to File For Tax Return Online 2023?
Are you worried about how to file GST returns? – Then follow these simple steps below in order to complete your gst returns online –
- Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- Step 2: On the homepage, you will find ‘GST Login Option‘
- Step 3: After login you will find “Return Dashboard” in the red box.
- Step 4: After you click on the “Return Dashboard” button, a new page will appear.
- Step 5: In this page you have to enter your financial year & click on ‘Search’ button.
- Step 6: Now you have to select the return (GSTR-1) you want to file and click on ‘prepare online’.
- Step 7: Now you have to file all the table of details appearing in front of you.
- Step 8: After filing you need to generate a summary and ensured everything entered is correct.
- Step 9: Finally, you have to click the ”Submit” button and then to file the return click on “File Return”.